SOFARSOLAR Warranty Terms and Conditions
The standard warranty period for SOFARSOLAR inverters is 60 months (5 years) from the date of purchase. Our end customer needs to provide the valid purchasing invoice to verify the date of purchase.
If our end customer fails to provide the valid purchasing invoice, the standard warranty period for SOFARSOLAR inverters is 63 months (5.25 years) from the date of production (it’s on the SN) from Shenzhen SOFARSOLAR Co., Ltd.
Our end customer can also purchase an extension of this SOFARSOLAR standard warranty during 12 months from the date of manufacturing. Refer to the SOFARSOLAR price list for further information.
In the case of a faulty inverter during the agreed SOFARSOLAR warranty period, please report defective inverters with a brief error description to our service hotline for registering and send your warranty card to our service department by fax/email to process the warranty claim. You may also contact your dealer (SOFARSOLAR authorized dealer or distributor) or installer if your unit is defective or faulty.
To make a claim under the warranty periods of SOFARSOLAR, you need to provide us the following information and documentation of the faulty inverter:
Product Model (e.g. SOFAR 20000TL) and product serial number (e.g. SC1ES520E99001).
A copy of the valid purchasing invoice and warranty card of the inverter.
Error messages on the LCD screen (if available) and additional information about the fault/error.
Detailed information about the entire system (module, PV system diagram, etc.).
Documentation of previous claims/exchanges (if applicable).
If an inverter is faulty while it is under SOFARSOLAR warranty period, it will be:
Repaired by SOFARSOLAR, or
Repaired on-site, or
Exchanged with a refurbished inverter that includes all firmware updates
If the inverter needs to be exchanged, the remainder of the warranty period will be transferred to the replacement unit, i.e. the warranty period of the original device will continue. In this event, you will not receive a new warranty card, and this replacement will be registered by SOFARSOLAR. If the remaining warranty period is less than 6 months, you will automatically receive a 6-month warranty period for the replacement unit.
The warranty includes the cost of work and material necessary to regain faultless functioning inverters. All other costs, particularly transports, travel- and accommodation cost of SOFARSOLAR personnel as well as costs of your own staff are not included in the warranty. Furthermore, claims for compensation for direct or indirect damages arising from the defective inverter are not covered by the warranty.
Faulty inverters and components should be returned to SOFARSOLAR, they must be packed in their original or equivalent packaging for transportation.
SOFARSOLAR keeps the right to arrange the warranty service for end users and to use third parties for performing warranty services.
All warranty services are free of charge only if the action is agreed with SOFARSOLAR in advance.
SCOPE OF THE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
To provide excellent Service to SOFARSOLAR’s end users, all SOFARSOLAR authorized Dealers or Distributors are requested to respond to your warranty claim. SOFARSOLAR will replace any products or parts of the product during the Warranty Period proved to be defective in design or manufacture. Any defect caused by the following situations will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty (the Dealers or Distributors are responsible and authorized by SOFARSOLAR for the following investigation):
1) “Warranty Card” not being sent back to Distributor/Dealer or SOFARSOLAR;
2) The Product has been modified, its design has been changed or parts have been replaced by parts not approved by SOFARSOLAR;
3) Changes have been made, or repairs been attempted by NON-SOFARSOLAR technician, or series number or seals have been erased;
4) The product has been installed or commissioned incorrectly;
5) You or another user have failed to comply with the safety regulations (VDE standards or equivalent);
6) The product has been improperly stored and damaged while being stored by the dealer or the end user;
7) The defect is damage during transportation (including painting scratch caused by movement inside packaging during shipping). A claim for such transport damage should be made directly to shipping company/insurance company as soon as the container/packaging is unloaded and such damage is identified;
8) You or another user have failed to follow any/all of the user manual, the installation guide, and the maintenance regulations;
9) The device has been used improperly or misused;
10) Insufficient ventilation of the device;
11) The maintenance procedures relating to the product have not been followed to an acceptable standard;
12) The defect has been caused by force majeure (violent or stormy weather, lightning, overvoltage, fire etc.).
13) The damage is only cosmetic and has no impact on the functioning of the device
This warranty is without prejudice to your rights under the statutory law, including but not limited to warranty rights in relation to the seller, i.e. if applicable rectification, reduction of the price, rescission of the sale and damages.
All demands from or in connection with this warranty are subject to Chinese law, Shenzhen is the exclusive place of jurisdiction and all disputes arising from or in connection with this warranty should be submitted for arbitration to the South China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission.
EXTENTION OF WARRANTY PERIOD
For SOFARSOLAR inverters you may apply for a warranty extension during 12 months from the date of production from SOFARSOLAR by providing the serial number and copy of the warranty card of the unit. SOFARSOLAR may reject any application received which does not meet the date requirement. Extended warranty period can be purchased to 10, 15, 20 or 25 years. Refer to the Warranty Extension Order Form for more information.
Once the purchase of the warranty extension has been processed, SOFARSOLAR will send the warranty extension certificate to the customer confirming the extended warranty period.
Latest information about the warranty terms and conditions and local service hotline can be obtained from our website: www.sofarsolar.com